Sunday 13 March 2016

Journalling Cards for Bizzy Bec's Store

I have a shoebox full of holiday snaps all printed and ready to create Lifebook pages with. I have lots of Lifebook journaling cards too but I really wanted to create some from scratch to make some special pages.
Darkroom Door have some great location rubber stamp sets and for the one's shown below, I used the NewYork collection found here.
 
 

 To make this card, I started with a piece of watercolour paper (6''x4'') and placed a Tim Holtz star stencil on it then dabbed over the stars with my clear embossing inkpad. Remove the stencil and sprinkle clear embossing powder on the ink. Tap off excess and heat paper to melt the powder. Spray with Distress Sprays in Candied Apple and Faded Jeans (the stains would work just as well and Bec stocks these in store- please contact the store here to see if she can get the stencil or sprays in for you.)
 
This card is on watercolour paper and I stamped the image with Black Archival Ink before colouring using my Distress Inks. I use an acrylic stamping block as my palette and stamp colour onto it for painting with using a water brush or paintbrush and water.
 
These two cards were made by stamping the dark image first using Archival Ink. I then loaded up my acrylic block withal the other little stamps in the set before removing the one used for the first print. Load up the stamps with ink again, stamp first on scrap paper and then stamp on the journaling card. The image will be light enough to write over (that's my plan!) I lightly rubbed brushed corduroy ink over the cards once I had distressed the edges.
Now to make time to put together some Life Book pages for New York.
I hope I have given you a few ideas,
Happy Crafting, Jackie x
 
And don't forget to enter your creations in this month's challenge here!
 
I am entering my journaling cards into the following challenges:
Inspiration Destination- Anything Goes
Crafty Friends Challenge- Anything Goes
Creative Fingers- Anything Goes
Simply Papercraft- Anything Goes
 
 


5 comments:

  1. Wonderful creations, Jackie thanks so much for your inspiration.. I really need to use my masks more often!

    Thanks so much for sharing.
    Shaz in Oz.x

    {Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards Jackie, I love all of the wonderful New York images and your distressing! Thanks so much for joining us at Crafty Friends!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely projects, thanks for sharing with Inspiration Destination. Wendy DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your lovely card with the Anything Goes challenge over at Crafty Friends.
    Diane Louise (DT) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful cards!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes” challenge over at Crafty Friends.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

    (DT Come and Get It)

    (DT Crafty Friends)


    PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very hectic the past couple of months…

    ReplyDelete