I had something in mind I would love to make with it. Having the task of creating a Zombie project for today got things underway.
Ages ago, I had found an old frame with a stained silk print at a swap meet for the bargain price of 50c and had bought it planning on creating something with the frame. 'Marie' gave me the idea to place her in the centre and create a zombie portrait.
I removed the print from the frame and covered the metal with a layer of black gesso. Next step was to rub silver Treasure Gold gilding wax over all the raised areas to highlight the pattern on the metal.
I coloured the image using Copic markers and the agieing in the background is my good old fav...Walnut Stain Distress Ink. I coloured gauze using Weathered Wood Distress Stain and glued it around the edge of the frame base to hide all the edges.
I hope some of you will be inspired to create your own Zombie project for today's challenge over at
Oh...and only eleven days until Halloween!!