Today's challenge over at Simply Betty Stamps is to create a card using blood effects. I chose the Steampunk digi image from the Robert's Halloween Digi Collection- Christian Count Drac. Hard to resist a vampire image!
I really love to combine some old effects with the steampunk images and I have a big collection of old books I like to tear apart and use for backgrounds. I find the paper is often lovely and thick and holds inks and dyes really well. Sometimes it is a little hard to adhere though as the fibres in the paper come away. I started by inking the edges of the book paper with Walnut Stain distress ink. I used Red Velvet Glimmermist to create a blood effect.
I coloured the image using Copic markers and came in from the edges of the paper with the distress stain again before mounting the image on black cardstock.
The bat embellishments were from the Cricut cartridge Happy Hauntings- a must cartridge for Halloween fans and my other embellishments were silk bias tape coloured black using my Copic marker and a bat brad my stash. I kept this one fairly simple rather than detract from the blood effects. Let me know what you think.
Don't forget you can enter the competition over at http://simplybettystamps.blogspot.com.au/
There are great prizes and lots of inspiration from everyone in the running for Princess of Halloween.