Saturday 7 December 2013

Christmas Tree Card

This week I have made a simple card using cardstock and papers from the Authentique 2012 Festive Collection. Using a cream card, I added a background using the 'Jolly' paper from this range after inking the edges with Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink.
My next step was to make the tree. This required four squares of paper which I cut from the 'Yuletide' paper using the largest four of my Spellbinders Square Dies. After folding them using a teabag fold, I glued the folds in place and left under a heavy book to dry. The dried pieces were later glued on top of each other- this part needs a little care as the layers are bulky.
The base of the tree is a small scrap of brown Bazzill.
Under the tree, I created a border using Martha Stewart's Scroll Lace Punch and the ribbon used for the final details was from American Crafts.

 
I am entering this card into the Christmas Card challenge over at:
 
Thanks for stopping by, Jackie.
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!! I am going to try this project, Jackie! Thanks for joining us at Through the Purple Haze Challenges!
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing tree i love your project......So well done so crisp.

    fiona DT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love how the tree turned out :) Beautiful MS punch too (I want it... *wishlist*) Thanks for joining us at TTPH :)

    ps: please, please turn of wordverification

    Lisbeth DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Christmas tree. Love the layering on it.. Thanks for joining us at TTPH.

    Pam
    TTPH DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, thanks for sharing at Through the Purple Haze, Lynne DT xxx

    ReplyDelete