Saturday 23 November 2013

Star Fold Card

I have been wanting to make a star fold card for some time now and so chose to make one this week for the red, pink or purple challenge over at http://throughthepurplehazechallenges.blogspot.com.au/.
I used a sheet of 'Merry' paper from the Authentique 'Festive' paper collection. This pack included 12 sheets of cardstock as well as stickers and elements.
There are many detailed instructions for making a star card on the net. I have included a blog to help you http://dailygracecreations.blogspot.com.au/2011/09/star-fold-card.html. I am sure you will be able to discover others.  I made mine by beginning with a piece of the cardstock that was 12"x10 3/8" in size.
The Authentique paper was double sided and both sides can be seen in my finished card.


Once I had made my card, I added a centre which I attached to one point so that the card could still be opened. The large circular shape is a Spellbinders die from the beaded Circles set. The Spellbinders dies 'Venetian Motifs' was used to make the cream details. These were all edged with Brushed Corduroy Distress Stain before gluing in place.
Other embellishments I used were red fabric flowers from my stash, Flourish With A Bling rhinestones and pearls, an element sticker from the Authentique collection and red grosgrain ribbon for the hanger.
I think I will be making a few more of these this year for my crafty friends!
Please check all of the other great entries out over at: http://throughthepurplehazechallenges.blogspot.com.au/
Thank you for stopping by. Jackie

3 comments:

  1. Ooo I love this!!! I'm going to bookmark the tutorial and have a go at making some myself!

    Thanks for joining us at Through the Purple Haze Challenges.

    Lucy DT x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Jackie this is fab, you've really done a great job on this star fold card thanks for entering it into our challenge

    Nicola DT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely star....so well made too...just lovely

    fiona dT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete