Saturday 12 October 2013

Card using Indigo Blu Stamps - Alice 1

Indigo Blu have a great range of stamps available. I love that they are rubber stamps. Most of my stamps are rubber as I find them more versatile.
This week I have made two cards for Through the Purple Haze Challenge Blog's weekly challenge. We were given notice of the upcoming Indigo Blu challenge some weeks ago so that those of us that live overseas could order our stamps. I ordered quite a few as they had some fantastic background stamps for me to use on ATCs and i loved the stamp sets.
For the first card, I first created a background using blobs of Distress Stain on my craft mat mixed with spritzes of water. I twisted my white paper through this mixture several times and then dried it with my Ranger heat gun.
This paper was taped onto the black card base.
Next, I cut three small squares of white card and placed a Wonderland character in each from Indigo Blu's Alice 1 stamp set. I also stamped out Alice on white card and the tiltle on my backing paper.
Out with my Distress markers...yes, I have ALL the Distress products but don't feel guilty because I use them all the time! I brushed colours onto my acrylic block and then added them to the stamped images using a water brush. Once the areas were wet it was easy to add further details using the markers directly and further blending with the brush if required.
Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink was added to the edges of the small squares before they were mounted on black card and then onto the background.
Alice was cut out and added to the background. I used a grey/brown polychromo pencil to add some shadows.
Finally to finish some Flourish With A Bling and a tiny watch face from my stash. 
I hope you like my creation...love this stamp set!


I am entering this card into:



4 comments:

  1. I love love love you work...amazing
    thanks again for joining us....at TTPH

    fiona DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness Jackie i don't know which one i like the best they are both brilliant so much work has gone into them....thanks for joining us at TTPHC this week. Anita .DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Wow, Wow! Another brilliant card from you.....didn't know how you could top the Owl Card, but you sure did!! It's great!! Thanks for sharing at Through the Purple Haze Challenges!!

    Darcy DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Jackie, I love both of them but I totally adore this one, it's so fab. Thanks for playing along again at
    Through The Purple Haze Challenges
    Hugs, Teresa DT
    Ceesa's Card Creations

    ReplyDelete