Saturday 7 September 2013

Through The Purple Haze Challenge Using Dies

I am enjoying the challenge of meeting a weekly deadline to complete each week's challenge at Through The Purple Haze Challenge Blog. This week I pulled out my dies to create a card.
The Birdcage in the background was made using a Tim Holtz die. I coated the chipboard with Distress Embossing Ink and then poured Stampendous Aged Ochre Embossing Powder over the top- tapping off the excess. I really love this range of embossing powders as when heated, many different colours appear and as the name suggests, it creates a grungy, aged look.
The flourishes for leaves again used chipboard. This die was a Sizzix one. I painted the chipboard with Peeled Paint Distress Stain and then inked the edges using Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink.
The flowers were cut from double sided paper so that I had some colour variation. I inked the edges and then scrunched up the flowers. The die is Tim Holtz Tattered Florals and I can recommend this die as a must have for anyone who likes to make their own flowers. I have used it so many times!
The butterflies were Spellbinders Dies- Les Papillions. These dies are great as they cut as well as emboss. I inked the edges of the butterflies and also lightly inked over the embossed areas to highlight them. Before attaching the butterflies, I curled the wings and added glue to the points that would touch the paper.
Other elements on the card include stained gauze in the background, bling brads from my stash, a little stitching and of course, some pearls in brown from Flourish With A Bling.

 
 
 
 
Thank you for stopping by and please visit Through The Purple Haze Challenge where there is a sketch challenge for the next week.http://throughthepurplehazechallenges.blogspot.com.au/
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

5 comments:

  1. Very nice Jackie.......its so well made....and just lovely. thanks for joining TTPH

    Fiona DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card Jackie!! It includes all my favourite crafting techniques and products, embossing powder, distress inks.... and the Les Papillions Spellbinders die is defo one of my favs. ~(I'm a butterfly freak!!)
    Such a lovely card, and the colours are so scrummy. Wonderful!
    Good Luck and thank for playing along this week.
    Lisa
    TTPH DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning work, adore the vintage look, Thanks for sharing with us at Through the Purple Haze challenges, Lynne DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Jackie i love the colours and use of those lovely dies. it is so dimensional and i love the techniques you have used this week awesome! thanks for being with us this week at through the Purple Haze Challenges Anita DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done for making top three!! xx

    ReplyDelete